“I have a gentle, joy-filled, respectful, unconditional relationship with my children”
– One of my 2015 vision statements
Aaaaaand this is my Facebook post from Saturday:
WOOSAH. 2 disrespectful instances in one evening?
Closet door open
belt in hand
My sista Linda, the Positive Discipline expert, must’ve been speaking my name because I decided to sit us both down and take a few moments to center myself (after threatening that he better hope I’m in a different space in 3 minutes).
Before it was over, we talked about choices, consequences, the warring voices in our minds and I LISTENED to what he thought of his own behavior and decisions. I learned some things and he lost some things as a result of his actions. And I must say, it felt good hugging instead of hitting. We’ll see how this turns out. #mommyslearning #learningtogether #putthebeltaway#dowhatworks #hasviolenceworkedforus #blackboysmatter #raisinggoodmen
WOOSAH. Again. Putting this on paper was hard, sharing it on Facebook and now with you is slightly painful. But I am sharing this very personal slice of mommyhood because we sometimes think the tools of manifestation, i.e. vision boards, affirmations, visualizing, etc., create some kind of magic that bring dreams to life. I apologize if I’m bursting huge shiny bubbles but: they don’t. There is magic, but like the choice I made to discipline my son without a belt, it occurs in the arduous daily choices we make to remain as we are or move into the version of ourselves alive inside of our dreams.
In my workshops I quote Rev Andriette Earl as saying, “The biggest lie, the biggest.. is that you can have a different life without being different”. The tools that I mention above and those I share and teach through my workshops assist and remind us that we desire a different life. The magic? Well the magic happens when SugarHoneyIcedTea hits the fan in our current reality! You know, like when an old pattern pops up in a yummy new relationship.. when you’ve decided on a budget and then see a 50% off sale.. when you’ve been planning out your meals and someone offers cake (wait, sorry. That’s me), when you decide to step out on a limb but still have one hand on the solid secure trunk of the tree.
Need another WOOSAH?
Saturday night, I chose to move beyond the default, our history, my experience. I chose a different life. I was able to choose because I’ve affirmed and envisioned that life consistently. But man, it is hard work! I’ve had many choices before this one with my tween/teen children (who are great) and many more to go.
This is my work and my passion! With my own life and with yours. Because you are reading this, I challenge you to use the tools you have already, use my Dreamwork and join me in a workshop to continue manifesting your dreams and working the real magic of manifestation; The journey into the new you ♡
New! Laser Focused Workshops for August
Click below for details and to register
Hey beautiful people!
Woohoo! Click here for more details and to register. Oh, there are only 2 VIP spots left!!
Check out the video:
Dreamwork – I define my success!
Here’s what I’d love you to do:
- Choose one aspect of your life: Relationships, Health, Money Cycle, Time (defined in the video above)
- Ask yourself, “what does it mean to ME to be successful in this area of my life?”
- Write it down
- Now ask yourself 2 more times! “What does it really mean to me?” Each time diving deeper than the previous answer. Write it down each time
- If you really feel like going in… do the 3 questions for each aspect of your life (take a day between each to let it sink in)
- Use the meme/picture below to remind and empower yourself and others
- Leave a comment letting me know what YOU’VE defined your level of success to be!
Online workshop details and tickets coming soon. Don’t forget to share with friends and please leave a comment below or on my new Facebook page. See you Friday! xoxo
- Use your time and energy for good! We are inundated with tragic and negative news. Whether it is through social media, a TV newscast, internet pundits or simply a water cooler conversation, everywhere we turn we are presented with the worst thing that has happened lately. When is the last time you spent 3 hours in a room of motivated people creating and investing in making their lives, communities and this world better?
- Invest in yourself! Self-care includes improving your health and doing things that bring you joy. Acknowledging your desire for a better life, getting unstuck, gaining clarity, and pushing your vision further are the ultimate in caring for yourself and elevating your reality.
- Get out of your comfort zone and do something different! Come on, what is your Friday evening alternative? The club (go afterward)? A hot date (bring them & really get intimate)? A marathon of your favorite show on the couch(do that on Saturday)? Put on something comfortable or cute, write down what you would love to do, be or have, and spend some time breathing life into your dream!
Get those obstacles out of your way, invest in yourself and have some fun. Use your time to deep-dive into what brings you joy. If you are local, I’ll see you on Friday 😉 A new video is coming soon. Until then, go back to the first video and elevate whenever possible.
Hey beautiful people, it’s announcement time! Registration is open for the Dreambuilding Workshop happening in Oakland on Friday, June 26th. AND, details are coming soon for an online workshop for those of you thousands of miles away! Click the photo for the juicy details:
Wow, it seems so long ago
At the end of 2009, I was busy putting together my list of resolutions and knew I needed to do more than just a vision board or a list that I put up somewhere. From my studies and mentors, I learned the importance of affirmations and visualization but just couldn’t seem to really “get into it” by myself. Long story short, I created a process to assist and supercharge my dream-building process and decided to invite folks over and try it with me. For 3 years these collective visioning circles grew and turned out some wonderful manifestations.
Whether it was the push from previous attendees or the pull to create an upgraded & enlarged version, the workshop is BACK and I can’t wait to be in the room!
As I write this, the Golden State Warriors are balling in their first NBA Finals game in 40 years.
Are you kidding me? That is what I call a dream realized! Even if you aren’t a basketball or Warriors fan, we can applaud the manifestation of that 40 year vision.
Speaking of working toward dreams, I am so grateful and proud of everyone who did their Dreamwork! I received so many emails and comments about the various ways people used the Elevate tool in the video last week. I hope you are inspired and ready to do more because I have another piece of Dreamwork ready and waiting for you 🙂 Check out the video:
Dreamwork – Gratitude on HIGH!
Here’s what I’d love you to do:
- Choose a time of day to record your Gratitude on HIGH: morning, noon or night
- Decide whether you will record it through writing, audio recording or speaking it aloud to another person.
- Answer these 3 questions: What in my past am I thankful for and why (could be yesterday or a decade ago)?
- What am I thankful for RIGHT NOW in this moment and why (get present)?
- What am I thankful for that I or someone else has done that will effect my future and why (what actions, attitude shifts, world happenings)?
- ELEVATE your gratitude for 3 days
- Leave a comment letting me know how it went!
So good people, there is no need to wait 40 years. It’s time. Workshop details and tickets coming soon. Don’t forget to share with friends and please leave a comment below or on my new Facebook page. xoxo
Hello beautiful people!
Thank you for clicking, opening or otherwise finding yourself reading this post, I’m glad you’re here 🙂
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised that we’re almost halfway through 2015? Thinking about these last 5 months conjures a slideshow of an abundant flow for my family. I must admit, I am inspired! This has led to the launching of this blog, a workshop in June (details coming soon) and a video series. But more importantly, I’ve been busy designing ways for YOU to raise your vision to the next level, make your dream something you wake up to or to simply begin creating a passion-filled life! Check out the video:
Here’s what I’d love you to do:
- Take a few moments out of your day, it can be as little as 3-5 minutes
- Find a quiet space without distractions (i.e. your phone, kids or coworkers)
- Close your eyes and imagine your life as it is right now but: ELEVATED
- Leave a comment below with your feedback
Don’t get bogged down with huge goals and what your reality “should” be (sigh, more on that later). Pick an aspect of your life and imagine what it looks like right now.. but elevated! What would that part of your life, taken to a new level, look like for you? Watch the video above for more details
Right now, an elevated life for me means having a platform that empowers my community to design a life they love; One with more purpose, passion and joy 🙂 So please share with friends and guess what, we’re juuust getting started. Now do your Dreamwork and don’t forget to leave me a comment!